KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What PC, Podcastudio, firewire, Kristal
cristianf

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 00:17
What PC, Podcastudio, firewire, Kristal

Hello, a newbie coming back, i need good advice.. i bought berhinger firewire podcastudio, so i have a studio but now my PC is too old i want to change it... on this box they say its compatible with XP an Mac... but i went to the the store and they are not selling XP any more,, so i went to the berhinger site and you can download a driver that works with vista... but the append Vista 32 bits.... whats that? and if i find this i want to be sure that the firewire is going to work ok!,, well Kristal comes with this product .. so maybe someone around can help me to walk on the correct road... I need to find a good PC,, Im looking at emachines Acer & Toshiba for money issues...bye;)
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 02:01

hi cristianf,

Microsoft isn't 'selling' Windows XP anymore. You can still find pc's that are being sold that have XP as the OS but Microsoft is only going to support it until...like...2014. It works great...but they decided to move along.

Vista comes in 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64) OS versions. MOST systems running are the 32 bit versions. Has to do with how the pc manages memory & how much of it you can have available. Different processor requirements, drivers, etc.

Windows latest release is Windows 7, of which I know even less than most things. MOST of the newer systems being sold today have an option to upgrade from whatever the existing OS is to Windows 7. If you are buying a new pc be sure to look for that upgradeability. From everything I hear Win & is a very stable platform. Better than Vista. But that's just what I hear.

There are a lot of good pc's out there that can be had for reasonable prices. My best advice is to shop around, read reviews, do some homework and figure what you are going to be using it for & shop for those features. I am sure that some of the other folks here will post their thoughts too.

And if you find one that y ou like & don't really know for sure if it fits, you can always post back here & ask. As Fordy has said: "We love spending other peoples money". Seriously, though...just ask. Good folks here that will not steer you wrong.

Regards,

g
cristianf

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 03:16
What PC, Podcastudio,firewire, Kristal

thank you for this wise advice...
bigB1885
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 08:08

Hi cristianf, and welcome back... Maybe more info on the existing computer would help. Make/Model etc. You may be able to upgrade way cheaper than buying new... Unless of course, yer gonna do that anyway... Also, you can find legit copies of XP Builders Edition on EBay for under 100$US. These are not upgrades, but the full install package. Post back with more info, and We'll help spend that money :P:P:P:D:D:);)

Go To Top