KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HELP !vst issue - auto tune
lagunareef

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 21:31
HELP !vst issue - auto tune

Help Please. i am trying to use a vst called Auto-tune. I successfully used the trial version. So, I know this VST works. I purchased the program and necessary iLok key. I have loaded and unloaded, moved folders and changed folder names. I have done everything the Anteres (makers of auto tune) have said to do. (the program works for them when they run it with kristal) The path is set in the preference section. I have disabled and enabled the "scan global folders". Kristal searches and finds the auto tune program on start up but WILL NOT list in my devices or in the FX pull down. Does anybody have any ideas?
Billy63

Mood: Mixdown meltdown!

[*] posted on 7-2-2008 at 22:14

Hi Lagunareef,

Have you copied the "dll" file into the "plug in" folder of Kristal?.

Cheers mate.................billy...............http://www.soundclick.com/stingraybilly.
lagunareef

[*] posted on 8-2-2008 at 00:18

Yes, the .dll files are all in the Kristal plug-in folder as well as the sys32 folder in windows
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 8-2-2008 at 13:59

Just some random ideas:
from memory A/tune comes as an exe and runs through a set up process.
When it does this does it give you the choice of installing VST, DX, RTAS versions??
Have you ticked the VST box?
Does it allow you to choose the vstplugins folder you want it in at the set up stage??
It seems odd that you can see Kristal find it on startup. It sounds like it doesn't want to run on Kristal?
Does the Anteres have a support site you can try.

Do you use an audio editor that supports vst's and can you see it in that program??
eg. I use Sounforge and if I use A/Tune (not very often these days cos I'm such a great singer:D:D:D)
I use it there, not in Kristal.

Let us know how you go and welcome to the forum.:)
CBob:cool:

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
colin
Posting Freak

Mood: In one of those...

[*] posted on 8-2-2008 at 15:39

Hi luguana,

Don't know if it helps, but I've had a few vsts show during startup and simply not be there. It seems that krystal sometimes just doesn't like some vsts.

Col
lagunareef

[*] posted on 8-2-2008 at 15:51

Thanks for replies thus far. Just to give you more info.... I have checked the vst box. The program does show in my editor but doesn't work well there as I can't separate out the vocals in the editor. I know Kristal "likes" this vst cause it worked when I ran the trial version before purchasing. I contacted the Antares people who told me to do all the same things we know to do to load plug ins. The Antares people were able to successfully run the plug in with Kristal, and everything I have done says it should work. Kristal finds the plug in but it will not show in my "FX" or device list.
Keep your ideas coming. All help is greatly appreciated.
MandolinPicker

Mood: Why is it when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad, but if you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

[*] posted on 8-2-2008 at 17:01

One thing you might consider is to uninstall and reinstall Kristal. Sometimes that seems to help with these kinda problems, but I would only do it as a last resort.

Best of luck

The Mandolin Picker

2001 Tacoma M-3 Mandolin
1996 Washburn D21 Guitar

The Music of 228 South
http://ezfolk.com/audio/228south

\"Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs\" - John Duffy
Trebor999

Mood: Eager to learn

[*] posted on 14-2-2008 at 20:39

If you didnt get it to work yet heres one thing that may help.
When u unloaded the trial, not all of the entries in the windows registry may have been deleted. If you know how to use regedit u can search for name of the demo version and manually delete it. WARNING!!! if you r not sure how to do this U may want someone with experiance to help due to making changes in the registry without knowing what u are doing could have dire consequences.

Robert

yes i use ccleaner too. (response to next one down)
Markwhite07
Thread Pruned
22-10-2012 at 17:50

Go To Top