KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: File management
westsailor

[*] posted on 7-11-2007 at 15:12
File management

I've been using Kristal for a while now and never worried much about file management. I've got 40-50 projects under my belt and never delete anything so of course my Kristal Media folder is huge and incomprehensible.

I decided to do something about it and thanks to the forum I just discovered 'save to new folder' (doh!).

I think I know the answer but I want to make 100% sure. My question is this:

If I go back and open each project and save to a new (song name) folder can I then delete the files in the default Kristal media files folder?
smokinfiddler

Mood: What We Need Is More Cow Bell!

[*] posted on 7-11-2007 at 16:14

if you have converted the original file to MP3.
or if you have copied and saved the file in another folder under a new title and location like my files/my music/ect, then you can delete the original wave file from your KAE user media files.

westsailor

[*] posted on 7-11-2007 at 16:46

Actually, I was referring to all the .wav & .peak files (not .wav files created via mixdown or final MP3's) associated with a project.

But 'reading the directions' I find I won't have to go back and delete files. Per Kristal help:

To move a complete project (including all recorded audio files) to a new location, use the 'Save to New Folder' feature. It can be accessed via the 'File' menu of the main menu bar.

The operative word above being 'move'
smokinfiddler

[*] posted on 7-11-2007 at 19:07

Quote:
Originally posted by westsailor
Actually, I was referring to all the .wav & .peak files (not .wav files created via mixdown or final MP3's) associated with a project.

But 'reading the directions' I find I won't have to go back and delete files. Per Kristal help:

To move a complete project (including all recorded audio files) to a new location, use the 'Save to New Folder' feature. It can be accessed via the 'File' menu of the main menu bar.

The operative word above being 'move'

I kind of thought that was what you were talking about, I just thought I would mention the mixdown files as well. I have found there are a couple of ways to do that purely by accident, of course.:)

BTW do you still hang out at HCBF?
I havent been there in a while.
The mods don't like me over there I guess they don't like their toes getting stepped on concerning my Biblical perspective:cool:

smokinfiddler

[*] posted on 8-11-2007 at 01:19

Quote:
Originally posted by Smurf
And what is the HCBF?:cool:

Harmony central bass forum

Go To Top