KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How do you change .Kristal files to mp3?
sle123

[*] posted on 16-9-2007 at 08:34
How do you change .Kristal files to mp3?

TextPeople I am having the worst time at trying to convert it and getting it the files to play e.g Itunes, putting on band myspace, and buring on to CDs. Please someone help me I am having the worst time and am getting quite ticked off......
MandolinPicker

Mood: Why is it when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad, but if you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

[*] posted on 16-9-2007 at 10:59

Just to help clarify, the .kristal file contains no music, audio etc. It only contains the settings for the various plugins, etc. While this may sound weird, it has some very positive uses. For instance, when I taught a sound class last year, I had all my students install Kristal into the same path on their computer. When they did a mix with the wav files I provided, all I needed was the Kristal file to review their work. The Kristal file is very small (especially when compared to a mix at CD quality), and it allowed me to see exactly what they had done in the mix.

This setup will also work well if you are doing a collaboration with someone else. As long as your installation of kristal is in the same path, as well as plug-ins and wav files, all you need to exchange is the .kristal file.

As Smurf said, to create a CD quality file that can be converted to mp3, you will need to create a mix-down, and the help file explains this pretty well.

The Mandolin Picker

2001 Tacoma M-3 Mandolin
1996 Washburn D21 Guitar

The Music of 228 South
http://ezfolk.com/audio/228south

\"Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs\" - John Duffy
Dazed

[*] posted on 1-10-2007 at 23:15

Guys I use a program called Switch to convert my wav, plus numerous other file types to mp3. You can also select your bitrate. I use the free version also.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html

bgaam

Mood: Those aren't mistakes, those are grace notes!

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 07:45

I still use GoldWave to convert my wavs mainly because my final mixes are intended for CD and every other conversion program I've used ups the volume a bit - therefore - after the conversion I decrease the volume of the file by 5% for the mp3 version.
momo007

[*] posted on 21-10-2007 at 11:45

Hello Dear Music Friends,

I compose music for others. Now people are asking me to record all in MIDI ?
I know that Kristal can not record in MIDI ( They were telling me that)
I have a licenced version of Kristal v 1.0.1 ( 2004 ) .
We are now 2007, but still NO Upgrate or update.

Does somebody know When a new Update will be ready and If with the new version it will be able to record in MIDI ?

Thanks for the advise !

momo007
colin
Posting Freak

Mood: In one of those...

[*] posted on 21-10-2007 at 13:32

Do we know?? The short answer: NO! K2 has been much promised for the last 18 months or so, but for whatever reason has still to materialise. I believe that midi support has been mooted, but like the rest, I'm waiting and seeing. I believe reaper supports midi and has some supporters within the forum.

Col
colin
Posting Freak

Mood: In one of those...

[*] posted on 27-10-2007 at 10:48

I think we all hear what you are saying there Smurf: while we all love and thank the krystal experience so far (and its simplicity is a selling point) it is starting to look a bit jaded compared to some of the newer kids on the block. As an aside there was an earlier version of krystal at the turn of the century: a simple four track, which I remmeber trying and not getting further than "why doesn't live in work??". From small acorns...??

Col
momo

[*] posted on 29-10-2007 at 12:39

I do love the Kristal Program.
The program should be Updated. But NO link to find.

I am receiving emails telling me that *** member and *** member posted a reply on my Posting, but unfortunatly, the links are not working at all !!! What is going wrong ?

I am a little disapointed that , a Big compant like Behringer is even Promoting the Kristal Program,.... So you download, YOU PAY FOR IT... in the hope there will be at least a little Technical support, but .... Only the Forum is there. NO UPDATE NO NOTHING.

I receive links , Who are NOT working at all ... Seems VERY strange to me.

OK, there is the Manual, but Real Support ?? Where to get ?

I hope that at least 1 person will know WHERE to go for technical support after paying for the program.

Best regards.

Momo

:(
smokinfiddler

Mood: What We Need Is More Cow Bell!

[*] posted on 29-10-2007 at 13:09

Quote:
Originally posted by momo
I do love the Kristal Program.
The program should be Updated. But NO link to find.

I am receiving emails telling me that *** member and *** member posted a reply on my Posting, but unfortunatly, the links are not working at all !!! What is going wrong ?

I receive links , Who are NOT working at all ... Seems VERY strange to me.

OK, there is the Manual, but Real Support ?? Where to get ?

I hope that at least 1 person will know WHERE to go for technical support after paying for the program.

Best regards.

Momo

:(

Momo
I can tell you why your links do not work

if you will notice that the link looks like this...

http://www.kristalusers.netviewthread.php?tid=3752&page=...

the problem is that there needs to be a back slash (/) after kristalusers.net so instead of hot linking to the thread copy then paste to your browser and put a / between kristalusers.net and viewthread then then the link will work

this link will work http://www.kristalusers.net/viewthread.php?tid=3752&page...

I have only really been using Kristal for about a week and in that time I have learned a lot about the program.
it seems to be a very straitforward program and relatively simple to use compaired to a standalone multi track recording work station that requires you to have a masters degree in audio engineering to be able to operate:mad:

I have to hand it to the people who use this forum, they are pretty good at answering questions in a timely manner.

I have not had an answer that has not went unanswered so far.
if I come across any additonal online support or a phone number I will be sure to pass that information along to you. :)

Dino Wodini
Posting Freak

Mood: Life isn't about how to survive the storm,but how to dance in the rain

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 08:46

Aye aye Cap'n Smurf

For all the recent new members and guests that might jump on the forum and read the threads - THIS IS THE SUPPORT for Kristal.

I think the ONLY question that has not been sorted and cleared up 100% is the good old "Live In" feature. There have been many work arounds but I am not sure if a straighforward answer has been forthcoming.

Matthias really owes a lot of favours to some of the long time forum members for taking care of the laundry. In saying that, he did us the favour of creating this FREE software and opening our eyes (mine and a few others at least). He has only made 55 posts over the past 4 years and 8 months so as I mentioned above, THIS FORUM IS THE SUPPORT.

I think that's all
:D
Dino

windair

[*] posted on 3-10-2009 at 08:31

kristel programs are the best. I love them.

It's hard to find a converter for this but you can use goldwave though.

wndair
Dossier de surendettement
aswegohomestead
Posting Freak

Mood: "Don't Be Kazooless"

[*] posted on 3-10-2009 at 13:36

Hello Momo and welcome to the forum. I use Switch also for conversions. It's fast and easy to use on the fly so to speak. I just started messing around with the Audacity beta and I use it for conversions lots more it seems. Especially when I am working on a tune there.

You've had you questions about Kristal Updates and Support answered:). This is the Kristal Support place:D and insofar as updates, who knows when, what and where?:D

But on the plus side of Kristal, the price, she is right and the quality of the software is excellent. It certainly has some "quirks" that have to be worked out for each individual depending upon their hardware/gear setup when they first start. I certainly did.

I have been in the forum about 9 months now and have yet to not find an answer to a problem here. Just have patience and you will be at 100% soon. Heck if you think KAE is complicated take a look at Reaper :D.

Once you get things sorted out is when the "fun" learning starts. The experienced members have taught me so much about not only KAE but have given me a better understanding of the science of audio recording and what I am doing with a gate or a compressor or an eq. Don't be bashful about posting a tune for us to listen to and give feedback on your work. This helps me a bunch! Take part in a Kristal Monthly Challenge is a great step to take.

Lots of us use SoundClick.com and TwoTrackMusic.com to share our work. TwoTrackMusic has some great forums with lots of us there too.

Hang in there. Give my website a visit there is a section on How To Use Kristal for beginners with a couple videos about common problems and some great links. Just go to the Aswego Studio from the homepage.

awg:cool:

jessicawats

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 08:17

Any new updates on this thread guys? why is it dead when the topic and discussions have been great.

regards,
jessica
Simulation prÍt
keeya

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 13:12

Thanks for the tutorials on this. Been looking for ways on how to do this myself.

Regards,
Keeya
Placement financier
jim50
Posting Freak

Mood: .....STILL, OH HAPPY ME !!!

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 21:11

spam alert.

updates, indeed!

We know you're not interested in 'tutorials' ....

and we're certainly NOT going to click that link.

:cool:

SHARE THE MUSIC - Get heard on gmhCafe Radio / ... go to www.gmhCafe.com

Check out my tunes and enjoy!
MY MUSIC and NEW Web Space: http://www.gmhcafe.ca

======

http://www.ttmbandroom.com/Jim50/

http://www.ttmbandroom.com/Sensonic_Travelpod/
jm2552

Mood: Got to admit it's getting better

[*] posted on 21-11-2009 at 20:41

Going back to the original topic, about converting files, I had forgotten about this. When I upgraded to a new comp, for some reason I couldn't use Switch anymore, without purchasing it. (maybe it only licenses for one system? Don't know). Anyway, when I wanted to convert We Want You Home last month, I used this: http://www.zamzar.com

You just browse for the file you want to convert, specify the format you want, and click. They convert it and email you a link to where you can download it. Worked flawlessly. And extremely quick. Best of all, it's free (no need to even sign up) for up to 100MB. I was very happy with it.
Smurf
Posting Freak

Mood: Missing the ol' stomping grounds.....

[*] posted on 22-11-2009 at 04:25

I luv old threads that make a comeback!:P:D:P:D:P:D;)

There is also one called Format Factory that Joom turned me on to a while back.....works off line on your computer, and the price is right!;):cool:

Smurf on Soundclick

TTM-KAE

Despite my plans for today of working on my current projects, I've spent all day playing intellectual patty-cake on various forums.....
jm2552

[*] posted on 22-11-2009 at 05:54

Quote:
Originally posted by Smurf
I luv old threads that make a comeback!:P:D:P:D:P:D;)

Hadn't thought. Should have posted this as a new link, no?
My faux pas.:(
Smurf
Posting Freak

Mood: Missing the ol' stomping grounds.....

[*] posted on 22-11-2009 at 08:59

No, it is absolutely NO problem! I mean, I think it's funny because I am the one that usually does it!:P:D;):cool:

Smurf on Soundclick

TTM-KAE

Despite my plans for today of working on my current projects, I've spent all day playing intellectual patty-cake on various forums.....
jm2552

[*] posted on 23-11-2009 at 05:17

Oh, OK, I'm good then:D
Markwhite07
Thread Pruned
22-10-2012 at 18:45

Go To Top