KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sorry,but I dumped Kristal!
qatcho

sad.gif posted on 20-4-2006 at 09:27
Sorry,but I dumped Kristal!

Hello my friends,

I have to tell you that I can?t compete any more at the KAE-challenge, because I don?t use Kristal any more.
Lately I experimented with Cubase SE3 and Samplitude 8 SE and I realized how much more I can reach by using more professional software.
I bought both of this programms and use now mainly Samplitude.
I feel very bad about that, because I had a lot of fun in this forum with you guys.
Sorry once again, but I don?t want to limit my creativity any more.
Don?t get me wrong, I still think Kristal is a great programm, but it?s more suitable for beginners. It?s very easy to use, but has very limited abilities compared to a program like Samplitude or Cubase.

I hope you can understand that.
You guys are great! Keep on Rockin!

Bye,

qatcho alias Martin

Dino Wodini
Posting Freak

Mood: Life isn't about how to survive the storm,but how to dance in the rain

[*] posted on 20-4-2006 at 10:27

Sad to see you go Qatcho.

Drop by and let us have a link from time to time to some of your new recordings. I would be interested to hear the different quality for example. And good luck with the remainder of your engineering course.

Dino
:(

goldbaker

[*] posted on 2-5-2006 at 17:11

I can understand people wanting to upgrade if you're working at a truly professional level. There are obviously a lot of things Kristal can't do -- higher bit-depth and sample rates being a huge item. I don't really mind the lack of midi-support, since I have software I like to use for composition anyway.

I doubt I will ever abandon Kristal for mixing and/or mastering, though. It's just too darn stable and too darn easy. With all of the big features that come with some of the higher-end software packages, I would probably just get lost in exploring instead of making music.

bigwoody

[*] posted on 3-5-2006 at 15:28
me too....sorry

First of all I want to really thank the Krystal Audio Engine developers and user forum for helping me get started with editing and mixing. I have used KAE for over a year and made many successful demos and personal mixes (this is my hobby), and have learned tons thanks to KAE. That said, as I began to crave more features (that I assume will come in KAE2) I evaluated many of the "entry level" (read cost) commercial software out there. I ended up with another "shareware" program "REAPER" as my new choice. I had seen reference to it in this forum 6 months ago, downloaded it and didn't consider it seriously. Now 6 months later (version 0.948), it is simply amazing. Multiple track buses, time stretching, automated faders, support for control surfaces....the list goes on. I know that they plan on charging for it when version 1.0 releases, but based on my current experience it will be worth it. Best of luck, and I will check back routinely for further developments on KAE2. Thanks again.
musician-fishin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-5-2006 at 13:25

Well, I see no reason for anyone to apologize. It is what it is! Simply a wonderful, free, 16 track digital recording studio. Some of us will need more and move on, others will not.

~Joe~

perrya

Mood: Running the BIG race

[*] posted on 11-5-2006 at 18:06

it is totally free--- it is the exception--- you get alot for nothing!! Sorry your gone.
laaata

Mood: Focused

[*] posted on 22-12-2006 at 08:23

Im gone too! Off to se3.... Kristal is WONDERFUL but I need more :cool:
teebone1121

[*] posted on 22-12-2006 at 13:28

I haven't been using KAE too much either lately. I've been recording with an old friend over the past few months, and have been using Pro Tools with Neuman mics etc. Our producer is a professional front of the house engineer who works with Living Color, Mos Def, Steven Segal and many others. We are very lucky to have him working with us. I've still been checking in on the forum regularly though, just haven't been posting. I still use KAE though for sketching out songs, and will continue. I should get back into more posting.
You can check out our music at
http://www.garageband.com/artist/genoandbill
qzqqq

Mood: happy happy happy

[*] posted on 23-12-2006 at 01:39

I'll stick with kristal and can't wait for k2, but for me the real part of making music is that.. playing with others and learning new things. The only other things I can say, some like coke and some like pepsi, some like smooth and some like crunchy, some like 6 string some like four I like eight but some play more.
;);)

Go To Top