KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Waves VST not showing up
jackofallmusic

[*] posted on 28-10-2016 at 23:19
Waves VST not showing up

Hello....I just got a new computer and it decided it wouldnt run my old DAW so I am just trying to get to grips with Kristal....thebiggest problem i@m having is with VST's...I have a selection of waveshells VST's...i have tried putting them in their own folder on desktop, in with my line 6 VST's, in with the Kristal VST's (changing preferences as needed) and in a folder in Program files marked VST (as there didnt seem to be a global VST folder anywhere).
When Kristal boots up, I sometimes see that it has located the waves files (at least that flashes up on the load screen) but when i get to FX on the mixer, i only have the four Kristal VST's and Pod Farm (Line 6) which is my first preference folder - any suggestions as to what i need to do to access the waves plug-ins???
As you can probably tell the tech side of this is not exactly my strongpoint, so any help received with pathetic gratefulness!

Many thanks...

L

It's a folk singer's job to comfort disturbed people and to disturb comfortable people
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 23:09

Hi Jack and welcome to this rather old forum. Sorry for the slow response but not a lot of members pass by these days.
Kristal is still a great DAW but due to its age it does not always recognise some vst's. I have not had any success in it recognising the Waves Shell either.
One idea is to find a vst wrapper that Kristal will recognise that loads waves.
Try Dr Google for some. I think Acon used to have a free one.
Another idea is to try Studio One Free. You can only use the VST's that come with it but they are pretty good.
Let us know how you go.

Bob

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click

Go To Top