Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: drum recording
meshai

[*] posted on 21-4-2014 at 17:38
drum recording

hi guys... few questions here.

1. how to record the drum kick, toms, snare, cymbals etc. with multi track record. (different channel). :)...

2. how to use the metronome? (when I use it, the metronome sound was recorded together with my guitar sound.

3. When I record the second track accompanied the first track, the tempo is out. It is not in the same tempo. It is out of the tempo and I always adjust it until it is in the correct tempo.
tq guys... :)
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 22-4-2014 at 13:17

Hi meshai, to answer these questions we really require some more information about the audio hardware you are using, what and if any ASIO driver and then we can get the Windows settings sorted out.
So, what soundcard / interface are you using to get your mic's into Kristal?

welcome

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
meshai

[*] posted on 23-4-2014 at 01:27
thank you

I'm using laptop. Realtek HD Audio Output.
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 23-4-2014 at 08:35

Quote: Originally posted by meshai  
I'm using laptop. Realtek HD Audio Output.

OK, that's a good start. How are you connecting your microphones to your laptop? Do you have an external mixer or USB interface?

I think the main issue is with your Windows Audio Settings. They are usually by default set to record whatever is coming out of your speakers.
This is NOT what we want to happen as we need to separate what is being recorded from what we hear.

Do some searching on this site first. The search link up in the top left corner of this page.
eg.
http://www.kristalusers.net/viewthread.php?tid=8073#pid65730

Have a read and try to make some adjustments to your Windows Audio settings.

Then Google ASIO4ALL
You need to set up an ASIO driver to reduce the latency you are experiencing. This is what is causing the tracks to be out of sync.

Then come back and let us know how you have gone and we will fine tune it from there.
Good Luck!

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
meshai

thumbup.gif posted on 23-4-2014 at 13:23
thank you very much...

hi...
your details are very clear. i used a mixer to connect it. I'll read the link that you gave me and I'll see you then for the others discussion. thanks again for your help.
gonzokev

Mood: :p

[*] posted on 23-4-2014 at 22:38

Make sure 'Stereo Mix' is disabled as a recording device whilst using Kristal. This should prevent what is coming out of the speakers/headphones being recorded onto the new track.

Personally, rather than using the inbuilt metronome, I prefer to paste in a simple drum beat at the tempo I'm wanting to record the song at. A good site for putting together a metronome track is www.patternsketch.com

Go To Top