KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Not recording properly
ravenswd

[*] posted on 22-3-2014 at 15:09
Not recording properly

I'm using Windows XP. I have one microphone plugged into my sound card and one attached via USB adapter. When I try to record, the audio files produced are much shorter in length than the amount of time I recorded.

[img]http://blacktorrent.us/pf/kristal1.png[/img]

When I play these back, I hear high-pitched squeaks, like a tape player on fast-forward. So I slowed the tracks down, but the resulting audio is so low-res it doesn't even sound like voices.

Any ideas why this is happening or what the solution could be?
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 23-3-2014 at 06:26

Quote: Originally posted by ravenswd  

When I play these back, I hear high-pitched squeaks, like a tape player on fast-forward.

Hi ravenswd, this problem is quite common at setup. You need to check that the sample rate is consistent across all devices and kristal. If you are recording at 44.1 kHz but playing back at 48kHz then it will do this.

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
ravenswd

[*] posted on 29-3-2014 at 15:38

I tried that and it didn't work.

Every time I changed a setting, the recorded files became different lengths, but never correct. Eventually, out of desperation, I just changed a bunch of settings at random, even ones that should have had no effect on this. At one point, I did manage to get it to record correctly, but once I disconnected the USB adapter and plugged it back in, it was wrong again. I was never able to get it to work again after that.

I ended up using a different product. Sorry.

Go To Top