KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Panning and sending ?
Griff5

[*] posted on 22-4-2013 at 21:57
Panning and sending ?

I have to two tracks, one panned towards the left and the other towards the right. I want to send them through an effect buss and keep the pans. I have an effect chainer that senderella sends from so I can set pans before it sends. I keep losing the pans on the return channel. Anyone have any Ideas?
Griff5

[*] posted on 26-4-2013 at 21:28

I got it worked out. My return track needed to be stereo not mono.
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 27-4-2013 at 02:18

Thanks for letting is know how you got it to work. I was pondering this for a while as I have used senderella successfully before and had a feeling it was a mono plugin but I wasn't entirely clear on the chain you have set up.
Do you use 2 instances of effect chainer and senderella on the 2 tracks, on the same senderella send number and send them both to the stereo receive track?

It's a great plugin to use in Kristal, glad you are figuring out new ways to use it.

Don't know if this helps but I did a video a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe1mPMe2Jcc&feature=share...

Cheers.

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
Griff5

[*] posted on 28-4-2013 at 21:30

Yea. I'm using the vstforx chainer, free beta version, and it has pan nodes, volume input and output swich and step nodes and works well in Kristal. I put an instance of the chainer on each track with the pan set and an instance of senderrella on the chainer as send 1. I put an instance of senderrella on an empty stereo track as return one. The chainer would only send one instance of senderella so I copied the .dll file and renamed, send 1, send 2 and so on. Each .dll will only communicate with the same named file. I kept one .dll file as senderella. I use that one for automation. I set up two return tracks with one send. I'll play the track to automate and record with Tapeit. During the playback and recording I use the send instance and toggle between channels for the effected return tracks.
Griff5

[*] posted on 28-4-2013 at 21:57

I forgot to mention an important part. Mono tracks will only pan to the left. In order to pan right I use Wavosaur to convert from mono to stereo.

Go To Top