Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "Could not load" message
highlandboogieman

[*] posted on 9-4-2013 at 12:29
"Could not load" message

Hi guys

I'm back recording again and I have an existing project with a .kristal extension. When I try to open it, Kristal puts up a "Could not load" message. I've done a shutdown and a re-boot, but still get the message.

Is there any way back from this? The file has 12 tracks and took a long time to record. This has never ever happened before and I can't find anything on google or on the forum so maybe I'm the first to have this problem.

Has anyone any ideas please?

Jim
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 9-4-2013 at 13:09

hiya heeland,
I have had this happen and it could be a clash between whatever vst's you had loaded on your pc back when you recorded it and those you have on it now.

Try this.
Make a backup copy of your project. (A new folder, Flash drive, DVD etc....back it up!)

Open your project and when you get the message cannot load just ok it.
Remove any vst's you had loaded and switch off the EQ's.

Then, select save as and save it again in the same folder with the same name. You will be asked if you want to replace the original project file. Say OK.

Close Kristal.

Reopen Kristal and open the project again.

Hopefully it will load this time.

If you really want the same vst's you may have to make some notes on the original ones you used and their settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know. But PLEASE, make a backup of the original project file just in case.
If all else fails, you can still start a new project and import the original wav files into it and re-mix.
CB

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
highlandboogieman

[*] posted on 9-4-2013 at 13:59

Thank you so much for your kind help, CB.

I've had a look at my project and opened the file. I then right-clicked on "properties" and it says the file size is only 1.35kb and 4kb on the disk. So I have no idea how the project was saved at such a small size.

I saved most of my complete existing mix as a .wav file, so I've imported that and I'll import the .wav files as you advised from the media files. I didn't import any VSTs and simply used Kristal's own fx.

I'm a Scot now living in Almeria, southern Spain and I really should be out in the sun, but sometimes music is just that wee bit more important than a tan !:cool:

Jim

Go To Top