KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Do you need a microphone for Kristal Audio Engine?
Gleinily
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 09:43
Do you need a microphone for Kristal Audio Engine?

Do you need a microphone for Kristal Audio Engine?

{My profile has been deleted by Administration and my IP address banned as I am a forum comment spammer.}
:(
Griff5

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 18:55

Having nice equipment really helps to get recordings right, but if your like me I didn't start with any.. I would record using the built in mic on my laptop, I would throw a shirt over the mic as a filter. I used a 3.5 mm cable from my guitar amp line out to get into the computer, a Vox amplug works well to. I was thrilled to record on something other than a dual cassete recorder and dubbing everything. I picked up equipment as I got better but didn't need it to get started. If you don't have a built in mic you are going to need one and a way to bring the signal into your computer.I did it with a wireless mic and the 3.5mm cable for a while. The Kristal manual shows basic connections and you can use the forum search engine for usb interfaces. If you need technical direction i'm sure someone more qualified than me will come along and help you out.
Markwhite07

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 19:35

Quote: Originally posted by Griff5  
Having nice equipment really helps to get recordings right, but if your like me I didn't start with any.. I would record using the built in mic on my laptop, I would throw a shirt over the mic as a filter. I used a 3.5 mm cable from my guitar amp line out to get into the computer, a Vox amplug works well to. I was thrilled to record on something other than a dual cassete recorder and dubbing everything. I picked up equipment as I got better but didn't need it to get started. If you don't have a built in mic you are going to need one and a way to bring the signal into your computer.I did it with a wireless mic and the 3.5mm cable for a while. The Kristal manual shows basic connections and you can use the forum search engine for usb interfaces. If you need technical direction i'm sure someone more qualified than me will come along and help you out.

Great answer! I use a condenser mic into a Tascam DP-01, then take the tracks via USB into the computer to mix, add effects and edit. There are many many ways to record.

combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 21:56

Going by the original posters profile he was a spammer.
The only way I could remove the links in his profile was to delete him.

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
Markwhite07

[*] posted on 13-3-2013 at 21:13

Thanks Combobob!!!!

Go To Top