KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fidelity on Export
bluelonesome

[*] posted on 16-2-2013 at 02:17
Fidelity on Export

So I'm rolling. Kristal has demonstrated to me how bad my rhythm really is, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. I have two questions for ye Masters of Mix.

1. Have you have found a cute little VST that reduces the buzz that an electric bass makes when a lazy guy like me runs it by patch through an external mixer? No amp. It's bluegrass, so it's not like the bass is actually doing anything interesting... Or is a VST the wrong tree to bark up? As it were?

2. In exporting the mix, I export as a .wav. I know that mp3 is a fairly unfaithful sound, but I'm converting them to mp3 anyway. If I want a little more fidelity but I don't think the song is worth the gazillions of memory a .wav wants, is there a happy medium?

Thanks for all your patience. Fun to be playing. My wife now goes to the bar every night so I can be home alone with "my sounds."

I'm not sure if this is a good thing. But I am productive. There's that.

Lucien
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 06:21

By bass 'buzz' do you mean just noise floor stuff? If that's the case, try a noise gate of some sort. Don't have one in particular but I'll look around & see if I can find a free good one.

FLAC is a lossless format that is smaller in size than .wav. Just a thought.

g

EDIT 030613
Noise Gate freebies that work:

FLOORFISH

GGATE

As far as the FLAC format...not everything plays FLAC back. But a quick Google search should give you options on what to use & how to configure. FLAC

Regards,
g

Go To Top