KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Problem with general White noise.
Bopermans

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 05:35
Problem with general White noise.

Hello, I have searched around the forums the best I could and found no help to this.
Basically I have a Juno G connected to a laptop through a Behringer UCA 222 via USB. All of my recordings have a fair amount of white noise, even if I am to record silence into the engine. My sample rate is at 48 kHz, currently my input and output are set to USB Audio Codec as suggested by the instructions that came with the UCA 222. I have been able to isolate the noise between my UCA and my laptop, and do not know where to go from there. When I have headphones plugged into the UCA I hear constant white noise, very high-pitched. Could someone please help me out? I would be endlessly grateful to fix a problem like this. -Bopermans
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 5-2-2013 at 11:56

Hi B,
I was not familiar with the interface so looked it up and it has rca inputs. It looks like it is intended as an interface between a mixer with line out rca jacks and the computer.

How have you connected your Juno G to the UCA 222? From what I can see the Juno has 1/4" outs. It could be a line imbalance between the Juno and the UCA?
Can you try connecting something that has a line out?

Just putting some ideas out there until someone familiar with this set up comes along.
Not sure i can help on this one.
:(

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
Bopermans

[*] posted on 6-2-2013 at 03:29

Combobob thank you enough for caring to respond. I have successfully connected the UCA to the Juno, and actually the connection between the two is no problem. The constant white noise and popping occurs even when I connect the UCA just to my computer via USB (without involving the JUNO).

The UCA 222 has a headphone jack. If I plug the JUNO to the UCA 222 without involving the laptop (1/4" to RCA), the JUNO's sound is clear as a bell through the headphones.

If the UCA is connected to the laptop through USB and the JUNO is disconnected I hear popping and white noise whether I am listening through the laptop or the UCA. And even if I record silence into the Kristal Engine, what plays back is poppy and fully of white noise. By this I can be almost sure that it's something between the laptop and the UCA.

Combobob are you an admin of this site? Can you help me find someone who is familiar with this situation? Just to clarify a bit, the Behringer UCA 222 is said to be almost identical to the 202, along with the UFO 222 and 202 models. Once again any help would be appreciated in the deepest way.
Bopermans

[*] posted on 6-2-2013 at 05:01

Fixed it just now. I was only confused about the necessary drivers to connect the Interface to Laptop.

Although the UCA is advertised as not needing drivers... The Behringer website actually has specific audio drivers for USB, so now Kristal, under the Waver, has a Line-In (USB Behringer) option which records sound with utter clarity. Hope this helps anyone who may have a future problem!

Thank you Behringer and Kristal for soothing my anguish!
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-2-2013 at 12:01

Quote: Originally posted by Bopermans  
Fixed it just now. I was only confused about the necessary drivers to connect the Interface to Laptop.

Thank you Behringer and Kristal for soothing my anguish!

Thanks for posting back. That was going to be my next suggestion, to check all the drivers.
Glad you got it sorted.

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click

Go To Top