Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Which computer??
sheilamusic1

[*] posted on 29-1-2013 at 14:42
Which computer??

Hi there.

I'm new to this forum but have been using Kristal Audio Engine on my Acer PC for years!

Unfortnately my Acer has just packed up and I'm looking at buying a new laptop or possibly an i-mac or i-pad???

What does everyone else run their Kristal on?? Any specific spec I should be looking for??

Any advise greatfully received.
Many thanks.

Sheila Smith
Markwhite07

[*] posted on 30-1-2013 at 18:56

I use Kristal on a Dell desktop running Windows xp pro. I have run it on an older HP laptop. Hope that helps.

sheilamusic1

[*] posted on 30-1-2013 at 19:30

Thanks Mark. S x

Sheila Smith
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 30-1-2013 at 21:56

Hi Sheila,
I have been thinking about your question and firstly I think you need to consider how you plan to interface between your new laptop and your instruments. There are USB interfaces etc.
Also, I don't think Kristal is available for mac so if you get an i-mac or i-pad you might not get Kristal running on it.
You could also consider the new Studio One which has a free introductory version you can try out.

As far as the laptop spec's go, any modern laptop will probably have a good processor and plenty of RAM, so you should be fine. (I use a desktop PC with windows 7 X64, a quad core Intel i5 and 8 gig RAM.)
If you can, upgrade to a larger hard drive for those large audio files and invest in an external drive for extra storage.

Will post more as I think of it.
All the best,
Bob

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
combobob
Administrator
Thread Split
2-2-2013 at 23:02

Go To Top