Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Windows 8
Bri

Mood: Happy, got me keys back

[*] posted on 22-1-2013 at 19:29
Windows 8

Hi guys
I don't know if anyone still uses this forum, but if anyone does, I have a question.
I wonder, does anyone know if Kristal still works in W8, or is W7 the last OS that it works in? Looking forward to your thoughts and replies. Cheers. As always,
Take care,
Bri
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 22-1-2013 at 21:54

Hi Bri, I haven't tried it so can't answer your question. Hopefully someone here has upgraded to W8 and can tell us.
Have you upgraded or are you checking before you do?

Bob

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 23-1-2013 at 16:41

From what I've read, W8 should still have a 'compatability mode' feature that should allow running older apps, so I'm guessing that Kristal will be ok. I'm starting to feel like an 'older app'.
I've not had any windshield time with W8 & will prolong the inevetable for as long as possible I'm afraid.
Trust that when I do I'll know who to ask for help, Bri.

g
Bri

Mood: Happy, got me keys back

[*] posted on 23-1-2013 at 19:59

Hi guys
I was just putting out the question as a generality really. I know the time is eventually bound to come when we are all going to have to change our OS. Like you g, I'm postponing the event until the time comes when there's no option but to change. Hopefully, Kristal will still work whatever Microsoft throws at it. As I understand it, they're planning to upgrade Windows on a yearly basis, more as an app than a (what I call) real OS and it's gonna be more and more aimed at the tablet market, rather than a (again what I call) real computer. I dread that day coming when my W7 packs in. Hopefully it'll be a long time yet...Windows 135? Thanks for your thoughts men. As always,
Take care,
Bri
jdrptone

Mood: If 40 is the new 20, just remember I'm only 16.

[*] posted on 17-2-2013 at 11:57

I just bought a laptop that has Windows 8. I don't like it very much right now, but I'm not sure if that's because it's so foreign to me or if it's because it sucks. Since I've only had the laptop for 2 days, I'm reserving judgement for another 28 days. I'm pretty sure after 30 days I'll be certain if it sucks or not, but initial impressions aren't good right now.

Slash, Hendrix, Prince, SRV, Frusciante, Brad Paisley...Angus and Malcolm Young...and the final 2 are...
gonzokev

Mood: :p

[*] posted on 7-4-2014 at 18:21

I can confirm Kristal works fine in Windows 8.

Signal-6EQUJ5

[*] posted on 17-6-2016 at 04:10

Continues to work fine on Win10. Use the compatibility wizard for best results.

Cheers.

agradeleous
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-1-2017 at 23:38

Quote: Originally posted by Signal-6EQUJ5  
Continues to work fine on Win10. Use the compatibility wizard for best results.

Cheers.

Yes indeed it does , I have heard that it would not work on W7 but by that time I was already into Reason7 now on 8

But since I been poking around the forum I found she fired up only catch is Kristal won't see my Lexicon interface ...................... Ah never mind after a few restarts yes she does Huh took a bit very cool records great to! LOL I feel all tingly all over hahahahaha

one big plus is if all the Cool VST's I have will still work , looks like I'll have some fun this weekend :)

Go To Top