Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Voice work, guitar does not
Mac_KRISTAL

sad.gif posted on 30-11-2012 at 17:05
Voice work, guitar does not

Hi all
Just installed Kristal, going thru the docs now.
I have my voice working on Kristal however my guitar does not record. I have a M-audio\Fasttrack device connected to my laptop with the mic in the first connection and the guitar in the second.
Anyone have any experience with this through Kristal?

Thanks,
Mac
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 1-12-2012 at 17:23

Hi Mac,

Two inputs on the M-Audio & you have mic on oone, guitar on the other & are recording both simultaneously? Most of the interfaces I've seen have inputs either dedicated to or configurable to outputs. M-Aud input channel 1 would have two ports (stereo) that would be assigned to output 1&2. Channel 2 would have outputs 3&4, etc.

1st thing I'd check is Sends in Kristal. Engine>Preferences>Audio Device will list what sends you have enabled (in Kristal). I would be looking for Sends 1-4 listed & checked as enabled. ASIO preferably, depending on drivers installed. what's enabled here determines what is assignable in the Waver screen.

Then...on the Waver view, I would select something like ASIO Send1(2) for the mic on one track and on a second track select
ASIO Send3(4). Note: if you select stereo for a track by selecting Send 1 it will automatically bring Send 2 along as the paired port. Mono select just Send 1 or send 3 for the respective instrument inputs.

If the M-Audio has some kind of mixer in its software package you might habve more options as far as routing (don't have anything M-Audio so I can't speak to that).

Just a starting point of stuff to check. Good luck & hope this helps some. Post back. You have to be a bit patient these days around here. You may feel lost...but you are not forgotten. Ask & someone will be along directly.

Regards,

g
Mac_KRISTAL

[*] posted on 2-12-2012 at 16:34

Thanks, I will keep you posted.

Mac
Mac_KRISTAL

[*] posted on 13-12-2012 at 19:25

When I bring Kristal up, I get no ASIO driver found. I downloaded and ran ASIO4ALL and still get the same message.
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 16-12-2012 at 02:35

OK... not sure what's causing this. Maybe a driver issue (like out of date). Maybe some other audio component on your system is currently using the ASIO device. Maybe the usb port that you are using has other power hungry elements vieing for the 500ma max (use another port). Wish I knew more about the FastTrack unit... Exactly which model & what OS are you using?

Do the ASIO devices appear listed in Properties>Devices & are they checked? Can you select either MAudio or ASIO4ALL in the output drop down box?

I would believve that the M-Audio ASIO driver will serve you a lot better than the ASIO4ALL one, simply because it was written specifically for that device. But if you can't access it, it's not much good.

ASIO4ALL is a WDM wrapper that works but can be a pain to some. You should be able to access it thru Output selection, then cli8ck on the 'e' icon & take a look at the control panel. Whatever you are using for input & output should be listed & has to be highlighted in order for it to be available. Also, some changes to audio properties in Kristal require that you restart the program for the changes to take effect.

g

Go To Top