KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Acon effect chainer and vst
Griff5

[*] posted on 22-11-2012 at 14:37
Acon effect chainer and vst

I'm new to this forum and I would like to thank everyone here for all the contributing advice. I've referenced here alot. Does any else have problems with the modern vst functioning on the Acon chainer? The GUI shows up, the needles bounce but I can't make any parameter adjustments.These vst work great in Kristal, the problem is only when loaded on the chainer.
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 09:20

Hmmm, I haven't used that one for a while. Do other vst's work in the chainer? Is it only the Modern ones not working?
I'll load it up over the weekend and see what happens. Hopefully we can work this out.

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
Griff5

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 14:32

I uninstalled Kristal and the chainer, defrag and disk clean and then reinstalled both. There were some other plugins, Kristal plugins and some MDA plugins, that previously didn't work. Everything is chainable now except for the Antress modern plugins. I use the Firechainer, lostangel and Adophis compressor along with the Blackdragon and console EQ most of the time and these work great in Kristal. I'd really like to be able to chain them. I created a seperate vst path for the chainer and reinstalled them there. The chainer finds them, GUI shows up and they are still not usable. I just remembered Senderella doesnt send from the chain, not really a big deal with that. Thank you for your help, if you find that these don't work on the chain I'm open to some replacement suggestions.
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 17:16

I had a few instances in the past where a vst would not play well with Acon's chainer & used: THIS ONE with success. Just another something to try.

g
Griff5

[*] posted on 23-11-2012 at 17:59

Thanks, everything works, atleast the Modern plugins, on that chainer. I knew I could get answers here. I'm still curious about why it they work in KAE and not in the Acon chainer. I havn't tried all my vst's yet, between both chainers I should be set.
gcdownie

[*] posted on 24-11-2012 at 17:00

Sweet. A bit of a pain to have to use different chainers to get there, but as long as it works. Never figured out why the Acon chainer doesn't like some vst's. I'm guessing that it has to do with the coding used by developers like VST, VST2, VST3... or not. Maybe CB knows. Maybe he'll come up with a better work around or fix.

Regards,
g
Griff5

[*] posted on 25-11-2012 at 18:32

It's not much of a pain. I set up a seperate vst list for the Acon chainer containing the ones that Kristal doesn't recognize , mostly Gvst and Voxengo plugins, and use the multifx to navigate both. Setting up presets on each chainer for different purposes kinda helped me organize.Thanks again for helping me out.
gcdownie

[*] posted on 25-11-2012 at 20:49

You're welcome, Griff5. :cool:

g

Go To Top