agradeleous
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 23-10-2012 at 11:27
Administrator declares war on spam

Congrats CB on the promotion . My your slaying days be filled with bliss. :D
Markwhite07

[*] posted on 23-10-2012 at 13:52

AWESOME!!!

I spent 45 minutes yesterday deleting Mortimer's over 200 spam posts. Got down to only 50 more and went to lunch. When I got back his were gone! Get rid of them!

agradeleous
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 23-10-2012 at 22:04

you guys are some thing great , at one time I thought maybe I could get in on the action but I'd have to say this seems a lot like a full time job with out much support . A better ( help me out here ) place to set up shop or a program to keep the spammers out would be nice not sure the reason for this not being a priority here .
Almost does not make sense in my book and I'm just customer so to say not the smart guy who made kristal and what ever work on S1 and S1.2 . My point is spamming is not new and Mathis should have covered this in the upgrade here . Now these are my feelings on it and I'm not mad .
I just don't think it is fair to you guys . I understand it takes money to keep this place going at least I think it does here ? but if it's worth keeping up and online to someone then the spamming issue should be addressed and soon .
Combo , with your new title you can clean up a little better but will it still be a fight for you and the others to keep up on ?

all the above is just wondering and wondering only .
Congrats again CB You and the mod group make Kristal proud .

Ag,
combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 24-10-2012 at 09:23

thanks Agrade,
the way I see it is that Matthias has kindly provided a support forum for users of Kristal Audio Engine using some very basic (free) forum software. He doesn't have to do this as Kristal is no longer in development . And even though Kristal is not really used by many folks anymore I love it as a free, entry level home recording setup.

The problems arise when those spamming bastards can register and post unchecked. And in the last couple of years it has just snowballed. The appointment of member moderators helped for a while but I was honestly ready to call it quits the other night when one spammer posted 138 times.

To his credit Mark White spent a lot of time deleting the posts whereas I emailed Matthias and requested some greater powers.
When I logged in the next morning I was pleased to find that I had been made an Administrator. I can't stop them registering but I can now delete members and ban their IP's, which should make it more manageable to keep things tidy around here ...I hate mess...:mad:

Once we get it back to a spam free place it will be easier to keep it that way and it might even attract some of the old members back to help out with newbies questions...
:D:D:D

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
agradeleous
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 24-10-2012 at 10:49

Fantastic CB I'm glad you had his E-mail I was ld to believe he was a ghost in the shell . So Good going big M. It would be nice for the mr M to pop in once in awhile . ;)
CB hope this cleans up like you hope it will and your work is reduced . Buy Ya a Pizza ? :)
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 25-10-2012 at 05:00

You go CB! Many thanks to you & Mark for the dedication. Well done.
g
Markwhite07

[*] posted on 25-10-2012 at 21:35

That's GREAT!!!

BTW that member that I mentioned before had posted over 247 posts in one day. Wow.

Go get 'em!!!

Markwhite07

[*] posted on 25-10-2012 at 21:38

Here's one for you:

fdsg43fd9

They posted a couple this A.M. that I deleted.

combobob
Administrator

[*] posted on 25-10-2012 at 23:34

thanks MW,
I have deleted their membership.
I have found that if you leave me one of their posts the system can tell me their IP address and I cann ban that too...

;)

Win 7 X64, SB Audigy 2 Platinum, KX3551, Studio One 2.5 Professional, 1975 Fender Jazz, Yamaha RBX270J Custom Fretless, Tanglewood TW170 Acoustic...

Do Not Click
Markwhite07

[*] posted on 26-10-2012 at 15:26

Good to know.

combobob
Administrator
Thread Topped
17-11-2012 at 21:21
Hedgehog

[*] posted on 21-11-2012 at 09:52

Hi, CB!

As one resident of Oz to another:- "Keep up the good work".

I stopped calling in here because of all the spam. I really appreciate the amount of work that you guys put in.

I still think Kristal has a place in anyone's DAW arsenal. I'm using it so it must be easy for a lazy sod to use!

Cheers,
Hedgehog.
Dino Wodini
Posting Freak

Mood: Life isn't about how to survive the storm,but how to dance in the rain

[*] posted on 30-11-2012 at 13:43

I have never stopped using it Hedhgehog. 2004 to now despite all the other great and wonderful DAW's around. Kristal suits me just fine:)

Bri

Mood: Happy, got me keys back

[*] posted on 4-1-2013 at 16:25

Hey Bob
Well done you!! Congrats on the promotion. I guess it shows that Matthias still has a soft spot somewhere for his baby, even though he's gone on to S1. Really good, at last, to be able to get rid of those bar stewards. Like many others, I stopped coming on here very much because of all the spam. I remember it getting to the point where I couldn't find something I'd posted minutes b4. It would be something like a couple of pages on - as I say, within mins...so I stopped visiting, apart from once in a blue moon. In fact, I had to think how to post this, it's been so long since my last visit. Again, very well done Bob...AND I'll be visiting a lot more again now.
Hedgehog, like Dino I never stopped using Kristal. I tried a couple of other DAWS...S1, Ableton Lite, Cubase LE5, but they're all too complicated for a dumbo like me. I do use Cubase once in a while because I can play virtual instruments in that, such as Native Instruments, but then I record them over onto Kristal anyway...bit complicated and slow, but it works so that's how I do it. Have to say, Kristal was, is and will always be my first DAW of choice. I love it!!!
Best wishes everyone for a Happy 2013. As always,
Take care,
Bri:) :) :) :)

Go To Top