KRISTAL User Community
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Problem with monitoring (very low volume)
lunasparks

[*] posted on 13-10-2012 at 23:51
Problem with monitoring (very low volume)

Hey all - new here and to KAE. I've spent time on the forums and think I have pretty much everything worked out with ASIO.

The only problem I'm having at the moment is that when I activate the input source, press record and then press the monitor button I can only hear very faintly the recorded signal. Everything will record and playback nicely but if I try to record a 2nd track and monitor, I can't hear the track currently being recorded through my headphones--the 1st track plays back at full volume but the current (recording) track is almost dead silent.

I'm running Windows 7, Realtek soundcard. All the volumes on the realtek are maxed...although I can take them to zero and it makes no difference to the monitor level--it's low or high apparently regardless of my realtek settings.

Anybody have any ideas? Help!
combobob
Administrator
Thread Pruned
17-10-2012 at 21:49
gcdownie

Mood: F.I.N.E.

[*] posted on 25-10-2012 at 04:59

Hi Lunasparks,

W7's sound properties should have some influence on the level. Then again, I've found that W7 has a great sense of humor. If you've checked playback & record tabs & the sliders are raised, you might try the Listen tab & check 'listen to this device'. Not sure that this will help, but it's a try. Playback tab has an overall level as well as Line In etc. (which you probably know). Trying the Mic In jack might help with level as it has a boost option.

Are you going straight into the Line In jack with whatever instrument you are using? That's where having an interface or mixer is pretty sweet. That usually lets you have some sort of direct monitoring and level control of input. But...are you seeing a fairly good level indicator when recording the track and is the waveform painted in the track fairly strong? Even with a weak signal W7 adjustments should have an effect on what you see on the recorded track.

Sorry for such a delayed response. Post back...we'll help as best we can.

g

Go To Top