KRISTAL User Community

KRISTAL 2 reached Alpha Status!

matthias - 31-7-2005 at 21:58

What does this mean?

Basically, not much for the public at the moment, but it is a very important milestone in the development process and we would like to share this information with you.

What happened the past 14 months?

As already mentioned in an earlier post, we have established a completely new infrastructure for K2. It was a painful and time-consuming way to go, but a good and necessary investment in the future of this product. Contrary to KRISTAL 1.0, which was a quick and dirty hack based on old source code, K2 was designed cleanly from ground up.

What does "Alpha Status" mean?

The current Alpha 1 Version was built for internal use only. The core functionality works quite stable, some new features are still missing. The new look and workflow of K2 is already partially visible. My personal impression is: "Very, very sexy" ;-) It will definitely be a next-generation sequencer, breaking through some old-fashioned conventions.

What happens next?

We will continue working on this piece of software with a small, streamlined team until the "Beta" status has been reached. Then it will be presented to a broader audience to gather feedback and for testing (please no preregistrations at the moment). There is no date scheduled yet for the start of K2 Beta Testing, it completely depends on how much of our spare time we can dedicate to the project.

Thank you all for your patience and for using KRISTAL! The success of K2 will depend on your support and acceptance as users!

Cheers,

Matthias

Alpha 2

perrya - 31-7-2005 at 22:51

"will not at last depend on the support and acceptance of users"-- I'm confused! What will it depend on? Surely you mean that it WILL depend on acceptance and support of users. Without users who accept and support the product it cant succeed. Please clarify your remarks. Thanks for your efforts with the development of a very nice product.

mcart - 31-7-2005 at 22:58

Well it's good to have an update on the progress of K2. I look forward to using it.:D

mcart - 31-7-2005 at 23:04

Quote:
Originally posted by matthias

The success of K2 will not at last depend on your support and acceptance as users!

Cheers,

Matthias

I'm sure the meaning was lost in translation.;)

matthias - 31-7-2005 at 23:31

I'm sorry if this isn't correct English. I had some good red wine before writing this post. In German it should mean "...nicht zuletzt...". I will remove the confusing terms.

Cheers,

Matthias

Zumbalahtawa Stubu?

Zuluman - 31-7-2005 at 23:47

Tsiudo Wah-Wah!

Removing of confusing terms of Matthias post makes me feel even more confused. And what this means....I have been eating beans (instead of drinkking wine) and farting a fanfare of the info and waiting patiently the early next year ( date 2/2/2006) when K2 will be offically released. That?s what the my tribe?s Shaman told me....but he had been drinkkin red, white and even a yellow chinese wine (and much...) after he told me that, so the date can be 2 days later.:P

Greetings From The El Loco Beach....Zulumaan The Musician...or whatever:o

frank - 1-8-2005 at 07:58

"... It will definitely be a next-generation sequencer, breaking through some old-fashioned conventions..."

Mmhh??? A connection to Dougs lawn mower? Voodoomans videoscreen? A built-in sixpack of Becks beer? Intelligent brain-control?

Nice to hear at least something, but for me, it leaves a big question mark behind.

Sorry 'bout my doubts... :(

qatcho - 1-8-2005 at 08:17

Quote:
Originally posted by frank
... A built-in sixpack of Becks beer? ...

Thats what I hope for... :D

Flippin' Sweet!

tryplecrown - 2-8-2005 at 19:19

This is awesome. Good to hear from you Matthias! I'm really excited to see the new features that are to come.

I think we have a pretty solid userbase here that will be able to put it to the test once time for beta rolls around. I'm anxious to see how midi sequencing and VSTi's fit in to the picture (although I may be the only one) :D .

CAN'T WAIT!!!

out, Tryp

Heck yes!

Joey - 4-8-2005 at 16:44

Quote:
I'm sorry if this isn't correct English. I had some good red wine before writing this post. In German it should mean "...nicht zuletzt...". I will remove the confusing terms.

Cheers,

Matthias

...last but not least... ;)

WickedWorld - 5-8-2005 at 03:19

Quote:
The new look and workflow of K2 is already partially visible. My personal impression is: "Very, very sexy" ;-)

Cheers, Matthias

Matthias,

Very, very sexy sounds very very cool !!!

Can you post a few sceen shots ???

Anyway, thanks for KI and looking forward to K II ....

WW :cool:

kokonik - 5-8-2005 at 22:19

great to hear from you again!

I?m really looking forward to KAE2, I can hardly wait! :o

And tryplecrown, I can assure you that you are not the only one who is looking forward to VSTi and Midi-support :)

Neolander - 13-8-2005 at 23:46

I continue...
Will there be a localisation plugin ?
I know it's a bit boring but if kristal becomes even more efficient, having this log in his own language is more comfortable !
(By the way, where exactly in Germany is located Kristal's team ?)

Sxhibu Wabu De Ratzhuwkok!

Zuluman - 14-8-2005 at 13:04

Hobola Hobo Koo!!!

"Neolander" asked" By the way, where exactly in Germany is located Kristal's team ????

Simply answer: In the Fuhrer?s bunker, In Berlin. In the middle of the city. 22 feet under the ground.

greetings From hmm..."You know from where, Guys, don?t ya?".....Zulumaan!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P

There is no accounting for tastes

frank - 14-8-2005 at 18:00

Zuluman,

I think you know how to correct a embarrassing reply?

mcart - 14-8-2005 at 19:29

I think the Zman been smoking those bananas:D:D:D

Dear Old Enough To Die "FRANK Junior"

Zuluman - 14-8-2005 at 22:02

Xibu la duba El Locosta pocoz!

Frankie Boy wrote:

Zuluman,

I think you know how to correct a embarrassing reply?

WHAT A BIG "F" YOU MEAN???????????????

Didn?t understan this at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could You write down the same in"Swahili" or " Esperantoz" languages?
And Frank Jr...I really don?t know how to correct embrassing reply; Maybe send a an more embrassing and moronic reply?

Greetings From Toilet De France.....Zulumaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:cool:

Ps: I never smoke "bananas", I just eat them like all the other monkey in here do?:P

scum - 17-8-2005 at 14:16

zuluman muluman...
Keep the hard work on kristal! We - the death-industrial bastards - are waiting for the soft to terrorize!

perrya - 17-8-2005 at 14:29

:mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(

Gubu Handulawa Dodo Chuba?

Zuluman - 17-8-2005 at 21:50

Hey people!

Why are you serious this month?, where have you lost your sense of senseless humour? Did somebody stealed it away from ya? It would be nice to know?

Greetings From The House Of Black Humour......Zulumaaan! :o

mcart - 18-8-2005 at 03:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuluman
Hey people!

Why are you serious this month?, where have you lost your sense of senseless humour? Did somebody stealed it away from ya? It would be nice to know?

Greetings From The House Of Black Humour......Zulumaaan! :o

well I'm cool. I must be missing something though???

Dino Wodini - 18-8-2005 at 05:40

Me 2. Must be the series of answers that are serious in this series of questions.

Dino
:):cool:

Djiudurambahodakodotshawa Quido?

Zuluman - 18-8-2005 at 21:49

Woah!!!

Congratulations guyz, you really make me mixed up completly....
I can?t understan your language at all anymore, nowdays, so could you please start to talk/speak/write etch "Swahili" to me from now on........?

Maybe this is the because The KAE" reached the alpha status and I turned to Anti - Beta -Christ....Well, maybe I gotta go and start readin that bibble (from an another perspective) and chewin my Bubblegum again.....& Thinkkin...hmmm...something!:o

Greetings From Garden Of Eden.....Zulumaaan!!!!!!!!!!!

scum - 18-8-2005 at 23:37

we all are bees...
ill chew my biblegum;)

psmaximizer - 11-9-2005 at 02:41

this will be so awesome if it has: 1/12, 1/32, kristal doppler, more wavers, and a pitch changer.

Neolander - 8-10-2005 at 19:55

Pitch changer is easy : get a vst plugin !

chipfryer - 8-10-2005 at 22:33

Glad to hear it and would appreciate new news and screen shots when it arrives.

Chipfryer

Features

jimmay - 10-11-2005 at 07:52

What are some of the new features for K2? Right now I use it for personal use, but if it had:
1. VSTi support
2. Aux fx sends
3. channel grouping
4. 24-32 tracks
we'd probably used it for some recording at work.

ProToolz - 10-11-2005 at 15:32

It wouldn't really need VSTi for my part, but the EQ's that are already on the mixer should be all 3 full parametric and BPFs! Its too restricting at the mo.

The Aux Channels are a must, at least 4 should do it.

Two inserts are restricinting, but if it must be kept down, managable.

Automation?

Grouping?

Thanks,

PT

ProToolz - 10-11-2005 at 15:35

24-tracks should be enough for a start. I com from analog, and like the feel of the mixer of the current version, the included Filters (although they could be more flexibel). Just leave it as a good digital Mixer Emulation aiming on analog people :)

The Waver works fine, maybe a few new edits, but it works fine for audio.

I don't need midi that much.

PT

scum - 14-11-2005 at 18:41

well i need midi!
anyway - thanks for doing something here at last! Keep the good work in K2!

K2 Info

butchseaman - 16-1-2006 at 08:52

It is great to here that the Alpha status has been reached and I will keep you in my prayers for you to receive blessings on the continued development of KAE.

I really like the software and enjoy using it.

CD BURNER

cletusam - 17-1-2006 at 00:07

I Would like to KAE@ with a EAsy to use CD Burner in the program.
REV> Monk

Lovemd62 - 18-10-2006 at 15:38

Quote:
Originally posted by mcart
Quote:

LOL @ MATT mudering the English Language, hence confusing the crap out of those that are so sensitive to words.. One thing I can say, I USE K1 to do every recording I have done. The reason why some VST don't show up, is because the VST are no darn good.

K1 is so simple to used that I will never give it up.
I can never figure out Ableton,cakewalk,acidpro, for me its Kristal all the way.

The success of K2 will not at last depend on your support and acceptance as users!

Cheers,

Matthias

I'm sure the meaning was lost in translation.;)

Old Goat - 19-10-2006 at 04:03

Ya think?:D

dansampayo - 22-10-2006 at 23:06

It's great to here a version 2 is at Alpha status. I love Kristal 1 for adding a stereo image for drums and stuff but would love it to be a MIDI and audio sequncer with VSTi support. Keep up the good work;)

Johnnaris - 3-6-2009 at 09:23

simulation credit

Thanks for sharing. It's great.

bigB1885 - 3-6-2009 at 09:42

WoW.... now that's one from the past....

I heard a rumor that it's actually getting close to the RC1 phase.

Question though, will the faithful users of K1 get any price break?

I realize that's the $64K Q now... but it sure would facilitate lots of
immediate buyers... don't ya know.

Brian

Markwhite07 - 3-6-2009 at 15:13

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmay
What are some of the new features for K2? Right now I use it for personal use, but if it had:
1. VSTi support
2. Aux fx sends
3. channel grouping
4. 24-32 tracks
we'd probably used it for some recording at work.

I'd like the ability to monitor vst's while recording, i.e. be able to hear what is being recorded plus 2-4 above, (don't really need VSTi's).

Mark

Smurf - 3-6-2009 at 17:31

Hmm..........1 post and this is brought up......:cool:

StudioOne

Trebor999 - 6-6-2009 at 06:13

Hi everyone,

It has certainly been a long time since I have posted anything here. About the time I stoped posting was the same time frame that I started using another DAW. I still use Kristal but, now I mostly use it for recording quick ideas due to Kristals simplicity. I see that the k2 project has been renamed to StudioOne and that it was unveiled at Musikmesse Frankfurt. Does this mean that it is now being sold? If so, what is the cost and has anybody used it yet that can give some feed back on it.

Robert
aka Trebor999

For those of you who may be curious as to what I've been working on, heres a link to the music I been doing lately. My best friend Billy Cross and I have started recording of a new Traditional Country CD entitled "High Bridge Band".

Spiral - 6-6-2009 at 07:10

Nice to see you again Trebor!
I'll have a peek at what you've been up to.

bigB1885 - 6-6-2009 at 08:43

Robert... Hello! I'm listening to the tracks now. Very Good!

There are some folks here who are beta testing S1, but because of the Non-Disclosure Agreement,
nothing can be discussed here.

Good luck on your Album!

Brian

Why do your E-mail links never work?

ulrichburke - 7-5-2010 at 10:55

Dear Sir.

Periodically I get E-mails saying there's been a reply to a post I made. Which is great! Thing is, the linkthroughs in them never work. They just take me to a 404-Page Not Found every single time.

I just thought I'd better tell you, because it's obvious there's something wrong with your mailing/redirection system - I tried E-mailing the Webmaster at the addy on the E-mail I was sent and it got bounced back to me as a 'Postmaster failure'. So your E-mail addy obviously isn't working either.

Just thought I'd better give you a 'heads up' on all this because if you're worried why people aren't finding your site as easily as you think they ought to, this could well be the reason why!

Yours respectfully

ulrichburke

rkennett - 10-5-2010 at 21:44

they don't work because everything has been abandoned here. not sure why you chose this thread to bring it up.
the email notifications you are referring to are missing a slash / after .net in the link provided. however, even after adding the slash, the page will load, but no smileys are shown and none of the links work except for the "back to home" link in the upper right corner under control panel and options.

ulrichburke - 10-5-2010 at 21:53

It's sad when a site gets abandoned, especially one with so many active participants. Is there no way anyone can get access to the site itself to finish off building it properly?

Yours sorrowfully

ulrichburke

Smurf - 11-5-2010 at 00:37

For almost 2 years I have dropped an email every now & then to the owner of KAE asking if he would be willing to sell it & it's code to someone who would pick it up again, but never get an answer except that he might revisit at a future date, which I FULLY understand with Studio One being the bread winner & all.:)

Plus it is his baby, being that it was coded in his collage days, so I can also understand the emotional attachment that goes along with something that you have created yourself.

It is a VERY strange that such a loyal & enthusiastic group has grown up around a small abandonware DAW, AND has stuck around it thru the years.....I think that shows that the underlying DAW itself is worth improving some.:P

Anyway, with all of it's & the forums "quirks", I think it is worth the hassle just to be a part of the group that hangs here!;):cool:

bigB1885 - 11-5-2010 at 04:57

^ +1

Badfinger - 11-5-2010 at 14:34

And there is a backup plan too, but yeah, it's the people that keep me coming back, and everything else is way down on the list.

aswegohomestead - 12-5-2010 at 11:28

Heck even being abandonded for support by the developer this forum still provides the best user support of any DAW I have tried in the past few years. Kristal may not be fancy, and could be improved but for me it does just fine as it is and there is no better Users Forum anywhere for any DAW on the market, imho.:) Thank goodness for the "KAE old timers" that have stuck around and built a great forum!!!! I have yet to ask for help that I didn't get it within 24 hours of posting!:cool:

leeevvii9 - 12-5-2010 at 11:35

I agree ASW, its da shizz!!:):)

Badfinger - 12-5-2010 at 16:02

Quote:
Originally posted by aswegohomestead
Heck even being abandonded for support by the developer this forum still provides the best user support of any DAW I have tried in the past few years. Kristal may not be fancy, and could be improved but for me it does just fine as it is and there is no better Users Forum anywhere for any DAW on the market, imho.:) Thank goodness for the "KAE old timers" that have stuck around and built a great forum!!!! I have yet to ask for help that I didn't get it within 24 hours of posting!:cool:

This is absolutely true.... I don't even use kristal very much anymore but this is still one of the best forums for any software out there. Just great people, that's all it takes.